No Shave November
Get Hairy for Charity! In a few months it will be
time to put away your razor and grow some whiskers, to benefit some very deserving
children, and others in need. You will help provide: safety for women and their
children escaping abuse, at Haven House; supportive, loving homes for children who
have been neglected or abused; support for our Stanley G. Falk School for children
with special learning needs; and help for children living in our residences.
By promising to refrain from shaving from November 1st to November 30th you will
help raise awareness and funds for children and families who need your help, right
here in Western New York.
You can join a team, start your own team, or grow your beard by yourself. Once your
fundraising page is set, you can upload a picture of yourself and send requests
to friends and family to support your beard growth. And remember to share new photos
of your beard growth on a regular basis – they will be used for contests, which
will be held on the Child and Family Services
Facebook page. Our Facebook friends will vote to determine winners for categories
such as Gingerbeard (for redheads), Best Overall Beard, Baby Face and Most Interesting
To celebrate your success (and provide you with a free shave or trim), we invite
you to Shave It Off, presented by Corto’s Salons
on November 30th at Corto’s newly renovated South Buffalo location. There will be
a lot happening – prizes, fun, food, shaves – so check it out
The Prizes (they're cumulative!)
If you raise:
A No Shave November t-Shirt
A New Era No Shave November baseball cap
A sampling of other prizes and give-aways: season passes to Darien Lake, a Cricket
Muve smartphone, gift baskets, gift cards to Moe’s, Applebee’s appetizers, and gift
cards to Ted’s Hotdogs for the team that raises the most money!
Yes, there are rules, but they’re easy...
- Shave on October 31st and post a picture of your clean-shaven face on your page.
- Do not shave from November 1st – 30th
- Do not shave for 30 days… we know it’s repetitive, but it is also important
- If you shave, you must pay a self-imposed fine of $10 (we trust you!)
- Every week – or sooner – you will post a new picture of your new beard
They completely outweigh the rules!
- Get a free No Shave November button to wear so people think you’re philanthropic
- not lazy
- Look like a real man
- You’ll be cool – everyone will be doing it
- It will help keep you warm in the chilly November weather
- Save money on shaving cream and razors
- Save time getting ready in the morning
- Help deserving children right here in Western New York
- You get to attend the Shave It Off event
Here's Some Inspiration
Grow with Us!